Algorithms and Interactive Tools for Exploring Music Composition, Analysis, and Interdisciplinary Learning.
This web site has interactive tools that provide a unique learning experience for users, regardless of their musical training. Students of music composition can explore algorithmic composition, while others can create musical representations of models for the purpose of aural interpretation and analysis. Here, the algorithmic process is used in a creative context so that users can convert sequences of numbers into sounds.
Spek (IPA: /spɛk/, ‘bacon’ in Dutch) helps to analyse your audio files by showing their spectrogram. Spek is free software available for Unix, Windows and Mac OS X.
- Supports all popular lossy and lossless audio file formats thanks to the FFmpeg libraries.
- Ultra-fast signal processing, uses multiple threads to further speed up the analysis.
- Shows the codec name and the audio signal parameters.
- Allows to save the spectrogram as an image file.
- Drag-and-drop support; associates with common audio file formats.
- Auto-fitting time, frequency and spectral density rulers.
- Adjustable spectral density range.
- Translated into 19 languages.
Best level of equalization sound, convert to your audio format, listen to web radio, show music representations with spectrum and VU meters. Set equalization in played music, apply effects. Feel the difference and change your experience to listen music.
- Play many formats
- Stream Web Radio
- Equalizer 31 bands (Left and Right)
- Find and download music
- Sound Effects
- Audio Converter
- Spectrum Analyzer
- VU Meter
- Tag Editor
- Lyrics in real time
- More accurate equalizer
- Equalizer Smooth control
- Music downloads more efficient
- Spectrum now in gradient or one color
- New engine for lyrics
- New engine for covers
- Cut Music (wav editor)
- CD Ripper
- Automatic Update
- Music Statistics
Powerful Music Player, Multiple Libraries, Online Music & Visualizers
- Supports almost all audio formats through smart conversion to .mp3
- Amazing Audio Spectrum Visualizers
- Audio Amplitudes Waveform
- Chromium Web Browser
- Full Dropbox access
- Multiple User Accounts
- Configurable via multiple settings
- Advanced Tag Editor
- File Organizer and Explorer
- Multiple Libraries / Playlists support
- System monitor (CPU, RAM)
- Audio Effects and Filters
TiMidity++ is a software synthesizer. It can play MIDI files by converting them into PCM waveform data; give it a MIDI data along with digital instrument data files, then it synthesizes them in real-time, and plays. It can not only play sounds, but also can save the generated waveforms into hard disks as various audio file formats.
TiMidity++ is a free software, distributed under the terms of GNU general public license.
- Plays MIDI files without any external MIDI instruments at all
- Understands SMF, MOD, RCP/R36/G18/G36, MFI
- Converts MIDI files into various audio file formats: .wav, .au, .aiff, .ogg and so on
- Uses Gravis Ultrasound compatible patch files and/or SoundFonts as the voice data
- Displays information about the music that is now playing
- Various user interfaces: ncurses, gtk, Win32-GUI, and others
- Plays remote MIDI files over the network
- Plays MIDI files in archive files
- Displays sound spectrogram for the playing music
- Trace playing
WaveShop is a free, open-source audio editor for Windows XP/Vista/7/8 32-bit and 64-bit. WaveShop is fast, lightweight, and bit-perfect, meaning samples aren’t altered unless they need to be. Editing a portion of an audio file only affects that portion; the rest of the file is untouched. Blocks of audio can be cut and pasted without changing their contents at all. This is especially useful for patching a finished master without corrupting its dither. Waveshop’s features include peak, RMS and spectral analysis, normalizing, fading, sample rate conversion, audio generation, plug-ins, and more, all with unlimited undo and comprehensive help.
Friture helps you to understand audio data with several widgets:
- spectrum analyzer
- rolling 2D spectrogram
- fraction-of-octave analyzer
- delay estimator