An intuitive mp3-player with many functions. It is portable and runs without installation – just download, unzip, run. Without permission, Nemp doesn’t fiddle with your mp3 files either, but leaves them as they are.
(“Noch ein mp3-Player” translates to “Yet another mp3-player”.)
Strawberry is a music player and music collection organizer. It is a fork of Clementine released in 2018 aimed at music collectors, enthusiasts and audiophiles. The name is inspired by the band Strawbs. It’s based on a heavily modified version of Clementine created in 2012-2013. It’s written in C++ and Qt 5.
- Play and organize music
- Supports WAV, FLAC, WavPack, DSF, DSDIFF, Ogg Vorbis, Speex, MPC, TrueAudio, AIFF, MP4, MP3, ASF and Monkey’s Audio
- Audio CD playback
- Native desktop notifications
- Playlists in multiple formats
- Advanced audio output and device configuration for bit-perfect playback on Linux
- Edit tags on music files
- Fetch tags from MusicBrainz
- Album cover art from Last.fm, Musicbrainz, Discogs, Tidal and Deezer
- Song lyrics from AudD
- Support for multiple backends
- Audio analyzer
- Audio equalizer
- Transfer music to iPod, iPhone, MTP or mass-storage USB player
- Streaming support for Tidal, Qobuz and Subsonic
- Scrobbler with support for Last.fm, Libre.fm and ListenBrainz
A modular Linux / Windows XP music player using the BASS library.
Snapcast is a multi-room client-server audio player, where all clients are time synchronized with the server to play perfectly synced audio. It’s not a standalone player, but an extension that turns your existing audio player into a Sonos-like multi-room solution. The server’s audio input is a named pipe /tmp/snapfifo. All data that is fed into this file will be send to the connected clients. One of the most generic ways to use Snapcast is in conjunction with the music player daemon (MPD) or Mopidy, which can be configured to use a named pipe as audio output.
Lollypop is a modern music player for GNOME
- Artist bio, lyrics Artist bio, lyrics: Get artists and tracks information from the web.
- Intuitive browsing: Walk through your collection by genres/artists and through albums artwork.
- Play many audio formats: mp3, mp4, ogg, and flac
- Cover art downloader: Automatic artwork downloader from Last.fm, Itunes and Spotify.
- MTP devices: Sync your music with Android phones and any mtp devices…
- Fullscreen view: Visual access from your couch
- Party mode: Let Lollypop choose music for you.
- Native replaygain support.
- Search in your collection by artist, album and title.
Cross-platform, terminal-based audio engine, library, player and server written in c++.
Musikcube compiles and runs easily on windows, macos and linux. it also runs well on a raspberry pi with raspbian, and can be setup as a streaming audio server.