AcoustID is a project providing complete audio identification service, based entirely on open source software.
It that consists of a client library for generating compact fingerprints from audio files, a large crowd-sourced database of audio fingerprints, many of which are linked to the MusicBrainz metadata database using their unique identifiers, and an web service that enables applications to quickly search in the fingerprint database.
The purpose of beets is to get your music collection right once and for all. It catalogs your collection, automatically improving its metadata as it goes using the MusicBrainz database. Then it provides a bouquet of tools for manipulating and accessing your music.
Because beets is designed as a library, it can do almost anything you can imagine for your music collection. Via plugins, beets becomes a panacea:
- Fetch or calculate all the metadata you could possibly need: album art, lyrics, genres, tempos, ReplayGain levels, or acoustic fingerprints.
- Get metadata from MusicBrainz, Discogs or Beatport. Or guess metadata using songs’ filenames or their acoustic fingerprints.
- Transcode audio to any format you like.
- Check your library for duplicate tracks and albums or for albums that are missing tracks
- Browse your music library graphically through a Web browser and play it in any browser that supports HTML5 Audio and lots more.
MacOS / Linux / Unix
Mixxx has everything you need to start making DJ mixes in a tight, integrated package. Whether you’re DJing your next house party, spinning at a club, or broadcasting as a radio DJ, Mixxx has what you need to do it right.
The AcousticBrainz project aims to crowd source acoustic information for all music in the world and to make it available to the public. This acoustic information describes the acoustic characteristics of music and includes low-level spectral information and information for genres, moods, keys, scales and much more. The goal of AcousticBrainz is to provide music technology researchers and open source hackers with a massive database of information about music. ~ AcousticBrainz
Mp3tag is a powerful and easy-to-use tool used to edit the metadata of audio files. It supports batch tag-editing of ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments and APE tags for multiple files at once, covering a variety of audio formats.
You can rename files based on tag information, replace characters or words in tags and filenames, import / export tag information, create playlists and more.