aveX is a free software for running and monitoring ABX listening tests. It works as a Jack (Jack Audio Connection Kit) client and is able to send test-status messages over a network for monitoring purposes. ‘A’ and ‘B’ audio files are read in pairs from a list and played in randomized order, the ‘X’ audio file is also randomized and is either ‘A’ or ‘B’ (double-blind test).
The listening test results are written after every choice in a file in text format.
The program is configured by filling in a very simple XML file.
JAMin is the JACK Audio Connection Kit (JACK) Audio Mastering interface. JAMin is an open source application designed to perform professional audio mastering of stereo input streams. It uses LADSPA for digital signal processing (DSP). JAMin is licensed under the GPL.
- Linear filters
- JACK I/O
- 30 band graphic EQ
- 1023 band hand drawn EQ with parametric controls
- Spectrum analyser
- 3 band peak compressor
- Lookahead brickwall limiter
- Multiband stereo processing
- Presets and scenes
- Loudness maximizer
amsynth is an easy-to-use software synth with a classic subtractive synthesizer topology.
- Dual oscillators (sine / saw / square / noise) with hard sync
- 12/24 dB/oct resonant filter (low-pass / high-pass / band-pass / notch)
- Mono / poly / legato keyboard modes
- Dual ADSR envelope generators (filter & amplitude)
- LFO which can modulate the oscillators, filter, and amplitude
- Distortion and reverb
padthv1 is an old-school polyphonic additive synthesizer with stereo fx.
padthv1 is based on the PADsynth algorithm by Paul Nasca, as a special variant of additive synthesis.
synthv1 is an old-school all-digital 4-oscillator subtractive polyphonic synthesizer with stereo fx.
- a pure stand-alone JACK client with JACK-session, NSM (Non Session management) and both JACK MIDI and ALSA MIDI input support;
- a LV2 instrument plug-in. (URI: http://synthv1.sourceforge.net/lv2)