ChucK is a programming language for real-time sound synthesis and music creation. It is open-source and freely available on MacOS X, Windows, and Linux. ChucK presents a unique time-based, concurrent programming model that’s precise and expressive (we call this strongly-timed), dynamic control rates, and the ability to add and modify code on-the-fly. In addition, ChucK supports MIDI, OpenSoundControl, HID device, and multi-channel audio. It’s fun and easy to learn, and offers composers, researchers, and performers a powerful programming tool for building and experimenting with complex audio synthesis/analysis programs, and real-time interactive music.
Friture helps you to understand audio data with several widgets:
- spectrum analyzer
- rolling 2D spectrogram
- fraction-of-octave analyzer
- delay estimator
LINGOT is a musical instrument tuner. It’s accurate, easy to use, and highly configurable. Originally conceived to tune electric guitars, it can now be used to tune other instruments.
It looks like an analogue tuner, with a gauge indicating the relative shift to a certain note, determined automatically as the closest note to the estimated frequency.
- It’s free software. LINGOT is distributed under the GPL license.
- It’s really quick and accurate, perfect for real-time microtonal tuning.
- Easy to use. Just plug in your instrument and run it.
- LINGOT is a universal tuner. It can tune many musical instruments, you only need to provide the temperaments. For that purpose, it supports the Scala project .scl format.
- Highly configurable via GUI. It’s possible to change any parameter while the program is running, without editing any file.
KVR Audio is a community and news site for popular Audio Plug-in formats and related subjects, such as sample libraries and mobile apps. Our mission is to supply up to date news to VST, AU, RTAS, DX and DSSI/LADSPA plug-in and iOS and Android App users in a friendly, up-front and timely manner.
The world’s best, fully featured, completely unlimited free DAW for all music creators. This is no ‘Lite’ version, we do not impose track limits, plugin limitations or other such constraints commonly found in other low cost offerings. Why? – we think you will enjoy using the app so much, you will discover the value in investing in our latest versions and the expanded features we are voraciously adding. Innovation and creativity is what drives us – join the ride today and download T7 for Mac, Windows, or Linux operating systems.
MediaInfo is a convenient unified display of the most relevant technical and tag data for video and audio files.
FStream is a little WebRadio listener / recorder software.
- Decodes OGG Vorbis, AAC/AAC+, MP3 (via HTTP)
- WMA (via MMS/MMSH – ASF)
- Encodes streams to MP3 – AAC – AIFF – WAV
- Recognition of M3U – PLS – ASX playlists
- Support for Apple Remote
- Uses up very little CPU
- Simple and customizable interface
- Strong recognition of streams (IceCast, ShoutCast, …)
- Access preselected lists like ShoutCast and SourceMac