LASTAR is a batch (non-interactive) audio processor for loudness adjustment and file splitting of a batch of audio recordings, using an audio transparent maximizer.
At the opposite of usual available software, loudness normalization is done on signal power, which leads to a louder and more homogeneous result than the usual “peak” normalization, in particular on live recordings.
Its purpose is:
- to split, equalize and normalize digitized analog tapes or vinyl
- to split, equalize and normalize live recordings from microphones (ex ZOOM H2 recordings)
- fast and homogeneous normalization of a group of files (compilation for instance)
- loudness and dynamic reduction for listening in a noisy environment (car…)
- and so on…
This software aims to be very fast and easy to use : the most efficient computing techniques have been implemented, and there are very few parameters to set (most of them are automatically adjusted by analyzing the file).
It embeds :
- an automatic RMS normalizer,
- an Automatic Gain Controller (compressor)
- a 10 bands automatic equalizer
- a 3 bands semi-parametric equalizer
- a file splitter
- a noise gate
- preset management
- a preview function.
Audio Utility is a free, lightweight, universal general purpose all in one digital channel strip VST plugin offering precise controls over various aspects of an audio signal, from mid/side processing to soft clipping.
- input routing with separate pans for the left and right channels, or alternatively a pre mono balance control to decide how the left and right channels are blended for conversion into mono
- gain, and individual left and right channel gains, mutes
- pan and phase inversion of either channel
- width control, along with separate mid and side gain sliders and mutes
- maximally flat minimal phase high and low pass 12db/octave filtering
- optional hard and soft clipping at 0db
- everything is fully automatable with sensible parameter ranges/scaling
An online audio editor. Edit audio from any web browser.
WaveShop is a free, open-source audio editor for Windows XP/Vista/7/8 32-bit and 64-bit. WaveShop is fast, lightweight, and bit-perfect, meaning samples aren’t altered unless they need to be. Editing a portion of an audio file only affects that portion; the rest of the file is untouched. Blocks of audio can be cut and pasted without changing their contents at all. This is especially useful for patching a finished master without corrupting its dither. Waveshop’s features include peak, RMS and spectral analysis, normalizing, fading, sample rate conversion, audio generation, plug-ins, and more, all with unlimited undo and comprehensive help.
Audio Trimmer is a simple online tool which lets you trim your audio files on the fly.
Supports mp3, wav, wma, ogg, m4r, 3gpp, m4a, aac, amr, flac and aif files.
mp3DirectCut is a fast and extensive audio editor and recorder for encoded mp3s. Without re-encoding you can directly cut, crop or split your MP3 and AAC tracks, change the volume on mp3s and much more. Direct editing saves encoding time and preserves the original audio quality of your tracks. The built in recorder creates mp3s on the fly. By using cuesheets, pause detection or auto cue you can easily divide long files.
Rosegarden is a music composition and editing environment based around a MIDI sequencer that features a rich understanding of music notation and includes basic support for digital audio. It’s an easy-to-learn, attractive Linux application that is ideal for composers, musicians, music students and small studios or home recording environments.