v2strip is a simple command-line utility that lets you remove the ID3v2 tag from an MP3 file. The ID3v2 format is nice in many ways, but it can cause problems when being parsed by MP3 players and utilities that don’t support ID3v2 tags.
David Huron created Humdrum in the 1980s, and it has been used steadily for decades. Humdrum is a set of command-line tools that facilitates musical analysis, as well as a generalized syntax for representing sequential streams of data. Because it’s a set of command-line tools, it’s program-language agnostic. Many have employed Humdrum tools in larger scripts that use PERL, Ruby, Python, Bash, LISP, and C++.
Humdrum Labs ~ http://wiki.ccarh.org/wiki/Humdrum_Lab_1
Humdrum music encoding tutorial ~ https://doc.verovio.humdrum.org/humdrum/getting_started/
Humdrum Resources ~ https://github.com/humdrum-tools
Flacon extracts individual tracks from one big audio file containing the entire album of music and saves them as separate audio files.
To do this, it uses information from the appropriate CUE file. Besides, Flacon makes it possible to conveniently revise or specify tags both for all tracks at once or for each tag separately.
- Supported input formats: WAV, FLAC, APE, WavPack, True Audio (TTA).
- Supported out formats: FLAC, WAV, WavPack, AAC, OGG or MP3.
- ReplayGain analysis (album-gain and track-gain modes).
- Multi-threaded conversion process.
- Automatic character set detection for CUE files.
- Generation of the pertrack CUE file in the output dir.
Jajuk is a Java music organizer for all platforms. The main goal of this project is to provide a fully-featured application to advanced users with large or scattered music collections.
Jajuk main principles are:
- Maximum features – Jajuk is made firstly for advanced users looking for powerful features;
- Maximum usability – Jajuk is designed to be intuitive, fast and provide multiple ways to perform the same operation;
- Maximum portability and desktop integration.
projectM is an OpenGL based advanced music visualization program for Linux, Mac OSX, and Windows. It is backward compatible with all the features of Milkdrop 1.x (and now 2.x), but has many new toys and enhancements.
Vsound is a Linux/Unix application which allows you to digitally record the output of another program such as RealPlayer. The recorded output can be saved to a WAV file or can be piped into another program such as an MP3 encoder…
Airtime is an open source application that provides remote and
collaborative automation of a broadcast radio station.
- Web-based remote station management. Authorized personnel can add
programme material, create playlists or smart blocks, and stream in live,
all via a web interface.
- Automation. Airtime has a scheduler function that enables users to
create shows with content for playback at the exact date and time specified.
- Playlists, smart blocks and remote stream URLs can be used multiple times.
- Solid playout. Airtime uses the open source Liquidsoap streaming language for reliable and precise playback to multiple outputs.
- Open, extensible architecture. Stations are free to extend and alter
all parts of the program code, under the GNU AGPLv3 license.