Soundgrain is a graphical interface where users can draw and edit trajectories to control granular sound synthesis. Soundgrain is written with Python/WxPython and uses Pyo as its audio engine.
WaveSurfer is an open source tool for sound visualization and manipulation. Typical applications are speech/sound analysis and sound annotation/transcription. WaveSurfer may be extended by plug-ins as well as embedded in other applications.
- Customizable – users can create their own configurations. Localization support.
- Extensible – new functionality can be added through a plugin architecture.
- Embeddable – WaveSurfer can be used as a widget in custom applications.
- Transcription file formats – reads, and writes HTK (and MLF), TIMIT, ESPS/Waves+, and Phondat. Support for encodings and Unicode.
- Multi-platform – Linux, OSX & Windows.
Adding scripts is one method used to extend Foobar’s abilities. Not only are there quite a few existing useful scripts, new custom scripts can be written. One great script is the Biography script which displays biography and rating information from both AllMusic and Last.FM
Youlean Loudness Meter is your ultimate free VST, VST3, AU and AAX plugin for loudness measurement.
Raven Lite is a free cross-platform software program that lets users record, save and visualize sounds as spectrograms and waveforms. Raven Lite is intended for students, educators, and hobbyists, and can be used for learning about sounds, as an aid in birdsong recognition, and in musical instruction.