Music Player Daemon (MPD) is a flexible, powerful, server-side application for playing music. Through plugins and libraries it can play a variety of sound files while being controlled by its network protocol.
The same beautiful Material Design experience you love on the browser, just as a dedicated desktop player.
Giada is a free, minimal, hardcore audio tool for DJs, live performers and electronic musicians. How does it work? Just pick up your channel, fill it with samples or MIDI events and start the show by using this tiny piece of software as a loop machine, drum machine, sequencer, live sampler or yet as a plugin/effect host. Giada aims to be a compact and portable virtual device for Linux, Mac and Windows for production use and live sets.
XiX Player is a free, easy to use, multi-platform music player that currently runs in Linux, Linux ARM (Raspberry Pi), Windows & MacOS Intel
FluidSynth is a real-time software synthesizer based on the SoundFont 2 specifications and has reached widespread distribution. FluidSynth itself does not have a graphical user interface, but due to its powerful API several applications utilize it and it has even found its way onto embedded systems and is used in some mobile apps.
- Cross platform support (Linux, macOS and Windows to name a few)
- SoundFont 2 support
- SoundFont 3 support (vorbis-compressed SF2)
- Realtime effect control using SoundFont 2.01 modulators
- Playback of MIDI files
- Shared library which can be used in other programs
- Built in command line shell
QSynth ~ FluidSynth GUI Front-end
QSynth is a fluidsynth GUI front-end application written in C++ around the Qt framework using Qt Designer.
Bfxr is an elaboration of the glorious Sfxr, the program of choice for many people looking to make sound effects for computer games.
Bfxr has moved in the direction of increased complexity and range of expression. All the buttons that you know and love are here, but there are some new things as well:
- 5 new waveforms : triangle, breaker, tan, whistle, and pink noise.
- 3 new filters : compression, harmonics, and bitcrusher.
- Ability to lock parameters during mutation/randomization.
- Expanded pitch-jumping abilities – good for arpeggiation effects.
- Keeps your sounds and mixes in persistant lists.
- Can reverse synths
- Ability to link directly to sounds
You have full rights to all sounds made with bfxr, and are free to use them for any purposes, commercial or otherwise.