The scope of the Gearogs project includes things like turntables (including all-acoustic phonographs), amplifiers, speakers, mixing desks, effects including spring and plate reverbs, and microphones. It includes instruments that create their sound directly via electronic means (analog and digital synthesizers, for example), but not electro-acoustic instruments such as electric guitars, Fender Rhodes electric pianos and the like, nor electro-mechanical instruments such as the Mellotron, nor opto-electronic instruments such as the Optigan.
Common scenarios where this equipment will be found are in recording studios, hi-fi, and DJ type setups.
The h-node project aims at the construction of a hardware database in order to identify what devices work with a fully free operating system. The h-node.org website is structured like a wiki in which all the users can modify or insert new contents. The h-node project is developed in collaboration and as an activity of the FSF.
Lplex is a console application meant to provide a free, quick, and hopefully painless way to:
- Create lossless “audio-only” dvd-video discs from wav or flac audio files, featuring:
- gapless playback.
- md5 verification of audio data.
- archival (dvd-rom) content.
- Losslessly extract unencrypted lpcm audio streams from dvd-video to wav or flac format.
You’re already fully equipped for hi-res audio (up to 24-bit/96khz) if you have a typical dvd-player and digital amp, and lplex is a way to take advantage of this.
Pulseaudio Crossover Rack is a program to design and implement multi-way speaker crossovers using any linux powered computer with a multi-channel sound card and a running desktop environment which uses Pulseaudio as it’s sound backend. It also uses a set of LADSPA plugins, namely ladspa-t5-plugins for the heavy lifting of DSP/audio processing. It’s written in python3 and uses QT as the windowing toolkit.
Digital Room Correction Designer was created to ease the process of creating and loading room correction filters for use with two channel stereo systems. DRC Designer includes Denis Sbragion’s DRC for creating room correction filters, John Pavel’s Convolver VST for playing music through the filters, and Simple Automated IR Measuring Tool by Denis Sbragion and Edward Wildgoose for creating the impulse response files needed by DRC.
AudioCheck gives you access to an extensive collection of sound tests, playable online and downloadable in high-quality for patrons. The audio material provided here will help you assess the audio equipment connected to your computer. Using this website, you will be able to:
- Test your hearing, speakers, headphones, digital-to-analog converters… and more!
- Design your own sound tests using our high quality waveform generators.
- Download our sound files to your favorite audio player, and use your player as a portable audio test device.
Welcome to the future of music.
- Simple enough for computing and music lessons.
- Powerful enough for professional musicians.
- Free to download with a friendly tutorial.
- Diverse community of over one million live coders.
- Learn to code creatively by composing or performing music in an incredible range of styles from Classical & Jazz to Grime & EDM.