Add to, and greatly extend, the information in your music files by using the foo_discogs component to tag albums with Discogs information. Once the additional Discogs release information is stored in the song tags, it’s possible to search for catalog numbers, secondary artists or studios, etc. You can now also create toolbar buttons which open the corresponding artist or release pages in Discogs, the artist’s own website or other links.
Files tagged with Discogs information
- Install foo_discogs
- Configure foo_discogs (Tagging/Discogs/Configuration)
- In Foobar, select an entire album on a playlist
- Right click and select Tagging
- From the submenu select Discogs
- Then select Write Tags…
- Click Search then select the correct match and click Next
- Confirm that the tracks match the files and click Write tags
Your audio files should now be tagged with the additional Discogs metadata.
Mp3tag is a powerful and easy-to-use tool used to edit the metadata of audio files. It supports batch tag-editing of ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments and APE tags for multiple files at once, covering a variety of audio formats.
Furthermore, it supports online database lookups from Amazon, Discogs, MusicBrainz or freedb allowing you to automatically gather proper tags and download cover art for your music library.
You can rename files based on tag information, replace characters or words in tags and filenames, import / export tag information, create playlists and more.
Export Configurations (customized reports)
Discover the largest music database and marketplace in the world. Buy and sell vinyl, CDs and more with collectors from around the globe. Catalog and complete your collection.
Tags music with the matching Discogs release information
- tag files using Discogs data
- retrieve more information than most taggers
- goes that extra length to make sure retrieved data is correct and well formatted
- flexible tag mapping allows you to write only what you want, where you want
- use meta-data in tags to display Discogs artist / label / release web pages
- able to later update specified tags (useful in update ratings)