FluidSynth is a real-time software synthesizer based on the SoundFont 2 specifications and has reached widespread distribution. FluidSynth itself does not have a graphical user interface, but due to its powerful API several applications utilize it and it has even found its way onto embedded systems and is used in some mobile apps.
- Cross platform support (Linux, macOS and Windows to name a few)
- SoundFont 2 support
- SoundFont 3 support (vorbis-compressed SF2)
- Realtime effect control using SoundFont 2.01 modulators
- Playback of MIDI files
- Shared library which can be used in other programs
- Built in command line shell
QSynth ~ FluidSynth GUI Front-end
QSynth is a fluidsynth GUI front-end application written in C++ around the Qt framework using Qt Designer.