Add to, and greatly extend, the information in your music files by using the foo_discogs component to tag albums with Discogs information. Once the additional Discogs release information is stored in the song tags, it’s possible to search for catalog numbers, secondary artists or studios, etc. You can now also create toolbar buttons which open the corresponding artist or release pages in Discogs, the artist’s own website or other links.
Files tagged with Discogs information
- Install foo_discogs
- Configure foo_discogs (Tagging/Discogs/Configuration)
- In Foobar, select an entire album on a playlist
- Right click and select Tagging
- From the submenu select Discogs
- Then select Write Tags…
- Click Search then select the correct match and click Next
- Confirm that the tracks match the files and click Write tags
Your audio files should now be tagged with the additional Discogs metadata.