PeppyMeter is a software VU Meter written in Python. It was originally developed as the new ‘VU Meter’ screensaver for Peppy Player. With minor modifications it became a stand-alone application. PeppyMeter gets audio data from media players (e.g. mpd) via fifo and displays current volume levels in a Graphical User Interface in the form of a traditional VU Meter.
- Written in Python.
- Pygame library leveraged for UI purposes.
- UI is available in three resolutions 800×480, 480×320 and 320×240 pixels.
- The input for the program is the data from the named pipe. That signal should be provided by peppyalsa plugin.
- Supplies 9 default meters out of the box.
- Allows you to add your own meters.
- Open-source. All source files are available on Github.
- Several data sources are available for testing and tuning.
- Provides four types of output: Display, Serial, I2C and PWM.