Clearly, the available literature prescribes balanced interconnection as the absolute best way to interconnect audio equipment. The use of entirely balanced interconnection with both ends of the shield connected to chassis ground at the point of entry provides the best available performance.
Greatly extend the information in your music files by using the foo_discogs component to tag albums with Discogs information. Once the additional Discogs release information is stored in the song tags, it’s possible to search for catalog numbers, secondary artists or studios, etc. You can now also create toolbar buttons which open the corresponding artist or release pages in Discogs, the artist’s own website or other links.
- download Discogs album and artist artwork
- retrieve more information than most taggers
- goes that extra length to make sure retrieved data is correct and well formatted
- flexible tag mapping allows you to write only what you want, where you want
- use meta-data in tags to display Discogs artist / label / release web pages
able to later update specified tags (useful in update ratings)
Installing & Configuration
- Install the foo_discogs component
- Select any song on any playlist
- Right click the song and select Tagging
- From the sub-menu select Discogs
- Now select Configuration
- Change any settings needed.
- Select an entire album on a playlist
- Right click the album and select Tagging
- Select Discogs
- Select Write Tags…
- Click Search then select the correct match and click Next
- Confirm that the tracks match the files and click Write tags
Your audio files should now be tagged with additional Discogs metadata.
PeppyMeter is a software VU Meter written in Python. It was originally developed as the new ‘VU Meter’ screensaver for Peppy Player. With minor modifications it became a stand-alone application. PeppyMeter gets audio data from media players (e.g. mpd) via fifo and displays current volume levels in a Graphical User Interface in the form of a traditional VU Meter.
- Written in Python.
- Pygame library leveraged for UI purposes.
- UI is available in three resolutions 800×480, 480×320 and 320×240 pixels.
- The input for the program is the data from the named pipe. That signal should be provided by peppyalsa plugin.
- Supplies 9 default meters out of the box.
- Allows you to add your own meters.
- Open-source. All source files are available on Github.
- Several data sources are available for testing and tuning.
- Provides four types of output: Display, Serial, I2C and PWM.
If a tonal linearity, natural head-phonic imaging, and Hi-Fidelity are what you’re looking for, search for headphones matching the above reference DF curve the most.… BTW, the most accurate DF equalized headphones in the market is ER-4 from Etymotic Research …
Source: M.R.O.: Headphone equalization